The wages will be higher in the areas where there are less number of DNPs and more demand. Nurse practitioners (NP) with or without a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree are respected medical professionals with a specialization in some area of nursing practice. Find Schools. Nurse Practitioner (NP) Video: Educational Requirements and Career Options. Filter by location to see Nurse Practitioner salaries in your area. Still, to complete the program students must become experts in applying scientific research in clinical settings to improve community health outcomes. Enter zip: There are many areas where you can pursue specialization, like Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP), Community/Public Health Nursing (CPHN), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AGCNS), etc.. The nurses who have earned a doctorate degree have higher demands and have a better pay scale in the industry. For example, family nurse practitioners make an average salary of $97,000 per year according to PayScale, while nurse anesthetists make an average of $144,000. Web. Across various specialties, nurse practitioners earned an average salary of $111,840 per year ($53.77 per hour) in the US in 2019, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The average salary for DNP nurses was $113,347, or nearly $8,000 more than the average salary for nurses with a master’s degree. The lowest paying state among these is Oregon with $56.97 as mean hourly wage and $118,500 as annual wage in May 2017. According to the recommendation of American Association of College of Nursing (AACN), all the entry level nurse-practitioner programs of MSN (master of science in nursing) are transitioned to DNP degree by the year 2015. In the DNP vs PhD question, a DNP is more valuable for these patient care roles. A nurse researcher can expect to earn a yearly salary of … Healthcare salary 25% of the DNPs were paid below $42.70 while the 75% of the DNPs get more than $42.70, The emoluments of 10% of the people were lower than $35.98; and for the rest 90% of the DNPs, it was higher than $35.98, Risk Management: RN Ethics and Compliance Officers, Nursing Policy Positions: Director of Government Policy, RN Directors and Managers in all specialties. People who searched for DNP vs. NP: Difference & Salary found the articles, information, and resources on this page helpful. (2020, Jan 10 of publication). Curriculum, relevancy of sample programs, and outcomes will vary by school. Nurse Administrators: $69.65-$95.36. With the increasing number of health issues and aging population, there is a growing need of highly-trained nurses. Healthcare directors supervise departmental operations, coordinate the duties of individuals working within their departments, and … Depending on their specialization, nurse practitioners can work in hospitals, community centers, clinics and other healthcare facilities. In a clinical setting, FNPs are known to take a while DNPs utilize technology, healthcare, and business acumen for nursing best practices. While these statistics reveal that nurses with a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) earn more than their colleagues with an MSN, specific salary statistics for DNP nursing roles are not … 10% of the DNPs were paid less than $74,840 and the rest 90% were compensated more than $74,840. Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our FNP online program. Apart from the base salary and bonuses, the DNPs are entitled to get many perks and assistance like: Not every doctor of nursing practice gets the same salary. Salary and employment data compiled by the Maryland Department of … Advertisement NurseJournal.org is an advertising-supported site. The lowest salary slab is of Faculty Posting which is $53,000 and the highest is of a Physician Gynecologist which is $219,000. The annual salary of 90% of the DNPs was less than $145,630 while the remaining 10% managed to get more than $145,630. Connect with Learn about salaries, benefits, salary satisfaction and where you could earn the most. Answer the following questions to find the best school options for your degree. 13,570 and Ohio generated the lowest number of employment opportunities; that is 7,460. According to Payscale, the national average Nurse Practitioner salary is $95,000 – pretty darn good. a Study.com College Advisor at the end of the process. The average Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) salary in the United States is $107,600 as of November 25, 2020, but the salary range typically falls between $96,170 and $118,020. Topping the list is Washington, with New York and New Hampshire close behind in second and third. The hourly salary of 50% of the employees was below $49.94 while the other 50% were reimbursed with more than $49.94. Becoming a family nurse practitioner (FNP) is a great way to boost your earning potential as a nurse. This makes the salary very competitive in comparison to that of a DNP. All rights reserved. U.S. News & World Report ranks nurse practitioner among the top 10 Depending on the role, you can make anywhere from an average of $83,000 to $180,000, according to … On average, nurse practitioners with a DNP degree earn a bit more than nurse practitioners with just an MSN. DNP Salary In 2018, on average NPs make an annual salary of $113,930, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; interestingly, there is minimal concrete data on the average annual salary of a DNP. Study.com, 10 Jan 2020 published. Retrieved from https://study.com/articles/dnp_vs_np_difference_salary.html. Nurse practitioners with a DNP degree can continue on with clinical practice or move into leadership, training and research roles. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that … Average Salary of Jobs With Related Titles, Information Source: Indeed.com (as of May 13, 2016 in USD). For the same year (i.e. Job responsibilities of a nurse practitioner with a DNP degree include: If you are interested in becoming a nurse practitioner, you may want to consider a career as a registered nurse, the most common first step to obtaining an advanced nursing position. The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users. According to indeed.com, family nurse practitioners made $ 101,255 as of July 28, 2018. How Nurse Practitioner Salaries Compare, by State California boasts the top salary for the job with an annual mean wage of $133,780. The average Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Room salary in the United States is $114,812 as of November 25, 2020, but the range typically falls between $106,709 and $127,745. Biological and Biomedical How to Become a Surgeon: Education & Requirements, Online Graduate Certificate Programs in Business, Associate in Occupational Science AOS Office Information Degree Overview, Distance Learning Certificate in Financial Planning, Post-graduate Certificate Programs in Nursing, Online Secretary Degrees Overviews by Degree Level, Research Stanford University's Degree Programs, Research University of Pennsylvania's Programs & Degrees, Research Duke University's Degree Programs, Research University of Notre Dame's Degree Programs, Research Vanderbilt University's Degree Programs, Research University of Florida's Programs, Research University of Georgia's Programs, How to Become an Auto Finance Manager: Career Roadmap, City Manager: Job Description, Duties and Salary, Doctor of Infectious Diseases: Career Info & Education Requirements, Colleges and Universities that Offer Free Courses Online, Diabetes Counselor Education Requirements and Career Information, Master of Science (MS): Internet Computing Degree Overview, Online Mining Engineering and Technology Degree Program Overviews, Online BA in Human Resource Management Degree Options, Graduate Programs IN Forensic Anthropology, Associate in Administrative Assisting Executive Administrative Assistant Degree Overview, Master of Health Science in Health Economics, Working Scholars® Bringing Tuition-Free College to the Community, Meet with, diagnose and treat patients in a variety of settings, Act as leaders amongst their peers and within the administration of healthcare facilities, Apply evidence-based practice to ensure that their healthcare facilities provides the best care to patients based on the latest nursing science research, Support and provide expert advice for other nurses, Conduct research in nursing science and/or practice, Afterwards, you'll have the option to speak to an independent All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Family Nurse Practitioner (NP) $98k. Both will likely hold managerial positions and oversee groups of resident nurses (nurses with a bachelor's degree or associate's degree). But the exact salary that someone with a DNP will vary depending on where they work and how much experience they have. Those who already obtained their BSN and are obtaining … Depending on the role, you can make anywhere from an average of $83,000 to $180,000, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Hi everyone!! The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation provides hourly wages for DPN-educated nursing professionals, as of 2018: Nurse-Midwives: $58.98-$66.55. DNP Salary Per Hour On an hourly basis, the average salary for DNP nurses is $50 per hour according to PayScale.com. I was recently accepted into a DNP program and a MSN program. That said there are particular specializations that may be available to DNP-holders that may not available to NPs: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) - median annual salary of … According to PayScale.com in 2020, MSN degree holders made an average of $94,000 a year, while DNP holders earned an average of $102,000. 25% of the employees were salaried lower than $88,810 and the rest 75% obtained more than $88,810. Want expert, personalized advice that can save you a lot of time and money? According to Payscale, a Ph.D. educated nurse's average salary is $96,000 per year. The average salary for a Family Nurse Practitioner (NP) is $95,625. Medscape states DNP salary rose 12% from 2016 to 2018 averaging $120,460, while the Bureau of Labor and Statistics predicts an astounding 31% overall employment growth from 2016 to 2026 . Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $49.32 an hour. (Note: Salary averages are based on BLS 2018 data.) The work that remote sensing technicians do can be applied to a number of scientific fields. One of the most significant factors is experience. The average salary of a DNP is $101,255 in USD, as of July 28, 2018; according to the data provided by indeed.com. The national estimate of employment generated according to the  Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) May 2017 survey  is 203,800 and the mean hourly and annual wage is $51.68/hr and $107,480 per year respectively. This is $9,000 more than what MSN-prepared nurses earned that year. FNP DNP Definition A family nurse practitioner is a registered nurse whose education, clinical training, and daily practice focus on family care. California tops the list with maximum number of employment opportunities i.e. Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Salary for 2021 DNPs will enjoy increased earnings and opportunities over the next several years. California is on the first position with 13,570 employment in this occupation while Ohio has the lowest employment with 7,460 people employed in the year 2016. Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Registered Nurse Interview: Nursing Interview Questions and Answers, Licensed Practical Nurses vs. Services, Nurse Educator: Job Description and Education Requirements, Nursing Professions Career Video: CNA, RN, LPN, LVN, CRNA, CNS, NP, CNM, RPN, Nurse Assistant Career Education in Riverside, Nurse Practitioner Education Requirements, Remote Sensing Technician: Job Description, Salary & Qualifications, Cannabis Bud Trimmer: Salary & Job Description, Revenue Cycle Strategist: Job Description & Salary, Account Specialist: Salary & Job Description, What Education Is Needed to Become a Nurse, Nurse Practitioner Careers | Job Info and Specialties for Nurse Practitioners, Creative Technologist: Salary & Job Description, Deputy Coroner: Job Description, Skills & Requirements, Campus Recruiter: Job Description, Skills & Salary, Universities with Generous Credit Transfer Policies, Christian Colleges in Michigan with Nursing Programs, Becoming a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer: Education & Career Requirements. For example, to compare similar programs, look at the BSN to MSN-FNP and the BSN to DNP-FNP. Median Salary: $80,410 Hospitals and medical facilities are often comprised of departments spanning many specialties that must work together to ensure quality patient care. Family Nurse Practitioner Salary According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median salary for a family nurse practitioner is $115,800. DNP vs NP salary is complicated; it’s not quite apples and oranges, but there’s a lot of varieties of apples. Study.com / DNP vs. NP: Difference & Salary. The BLS reports that there were approximately 203,800 APRN jobs in 2016 —a number that is expected to grow by 31 percent … Visit PayScale to research family nurse practitioner (np) salaries by city, experience, skill, employer and more. It's free! 75% of the workers earned less than $59.17 while 25% of them managed to earn more than $59.17. What Can You Do With a Master's in Occupational Therapy? Impactful Work and a Good Salary With the DNP-FNP, you’ll have the flexibility to make an impact in several capacities. But, with the increasing illness, there is an increase in the demand of nursing professionals in every area, throughout the country. DNP vs. NP: Difference & Salary. 2017), 75% of the employees earned less than $123,070, and the rest were paid above $123,070. Study.com College Advisor that can help you compare costs and options. Sciences, Culinary Arts and Personal Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) $112k. Once you acquire DNP degree, there are many more career options and positions where you can work and can use your valuable knowledge of health care to groom and shape your career. 90% of the DNPs got less than $70.01 and the rest 10% were paid more than $70.01. 29 Dec 2021 accessed. Your career path with a DNP will greatly influence your salary. The national average salary for a Nurse Practitioner is $110,076 in United States. Before you know about the average DNP salary, it is important that you understand who are these medical professionals. The specialization you chose for your degree program is the most important factor that determines the salary of DNP nurse. "DNP vs. NP: Difference & Salary." DNP Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Degree Information This program falls under the School of Nursing. The payroll depends on several factors and in order to determine the exact salary, these factors must be considered. 2017), 75% of the employees earned less than $123,070, and the rest were paid above $123,070. Similarly, the more skilled you are, the more is your worth. Job. A DNP can work in different settings like public health offices, research facilities, independent practices, general medical and surgical hospitals, physician’s offices, etc., and can promote healthy life and wellness. Both hold a tremendous amount of responsibility to implement evidence-based practice in clinical settings. Sources: *PayScale.com, **Bureau of Labor Statistics. DNPs having more experience are eligible for higher pay and vice versa. Therefore, you must choose the nursing track carefully in your early years of nursing careers. Nurse Practitioners: $61.94-$75.59. These... A revenue cycle strategist works to ensure the financial health of the medical facility at which they are employed. Primary Differences between FNP and DNP The biggest differences between the FNP and DNP degrees are education, training, and experience. For the same year (i.e. Registered Nurses, Nursing Scholarships and Grants for RN Program, Forensic Nurse – Eligibility, Courses, Procedure, Certified Nurse Midwife – Eligibility, Certification Requirements, LVN – Requirements, Salary, Job Description, Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist – Requirements, Types, Procedure, Cosigner on Student Loan- Requirements and Responsibilities, Public Health Nurse or Community Nurse: Education Requirements, Legal Nurse Consultant – Requirements, Procedure, Salary, Family Nurse Practitioner – FNP Job Description, Associate Degree in Nursing – Requirements, Coursework, Career Outlook and Top Colleges, City College of San Fransisco – CNA Program, Sims Position: Definition, Benefits, and Explanation, Supine Position: Definition, Explanation, Pros, and Cons, Prone Position: Definition, Benefits, and Process Explained, What is Apical Pulse: Definition and Process of Measurement, What is Fowler’s Position and Their Types (Semi Fowler’s Position), What is Supine Position: Facts, Risks, and Benefits, How To Become A Registered Nurse: Step by Step Guide, Registered Nurse: RN Guide about Nursing Schools and Programs. I wanted some opinions and guidance on whether to pursue a DNP or a MSN as a Family Nurse Practitioner. They focus... An admission advisor from each school can provide more info about: Get Started with University of Pennsylvania, Get Started with University of Notre Dame. The nursing profession needs top-quality professionals. Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Degree. Let’s break it down. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many Hence, if you own a DNP degree, you are automatically more marketable. Sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between a nurse practitioner and a doctor, because these nurses may work independently and provide similar services as a primary care doctor. $138k. Copyright © 2019 Registered Nurse: RN Guide about Nursing Schools and Programs, American Association of College of Nursing. © copyright 2003-2020 Study.com. Another important factor that determines the salary is the location. Alaska ($122,880) comes in second, and Massachusetts ($122,740) stands at third. One, of course, is a nurse practitioner. New Hampshire beats the national average by 5.2%, and Washington furthers that trend with another $18,182 (15.7%) above the … The annual salary of 90% of the DNPs was less than $145,630 while the remaining 10% managed to get more than $145,630. DNP-FNP programs range from $17,660 to $254,260, depending on what degree you possess. ARNPs, for example, earn $94,961 annually on average, with the highest paid averaging $119,000 and the lowest paid averaging $79,000.A family nurse practitioner within the field of family Moved to student NP forum.1. After earning a DNP-NP, and the relevant certification, graduates may be qualified to work as family nurse practitioners, though they may be required to complete a residency or internship first. FNP vs. AGNP [Career & Salary Outlook] The career outlook is quite bright for those considering a career as a nurse practitioner, and not just because salaries are on the rise — up 6.6%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, for a median annual salary of $113,980. Though the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) does not keep salary data specific to the DNP, it does have national averages for broad categories of … They tend to be among the industry's lowest paid... Toxinoligists work with toxins and organisms that produce toxins, in part to inform medical treatments and therapies. Average. The state that paid the highest is California with $60.95 mean hourly and $126,770 mean annual wages. However, a number of factors can determine a specific FNP’s salary. The DNP salary varies by specialization. Annual Salary On Different Percentile Brackets, Information Source: The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017) Hourly DNP Salary on Different Percentile Brackets, Information Source: The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017). The day-to-day responsibilities of nurse practitioners with an MSN degree and NPs that have earned a DNP degree can be very similar. However, because a nurse practitioner with a DNP degree has more experience conducting research, they may be eligible for more research-based positions, administrative positions and teaching positions. 20 Registered Nurse Job Benefits – Is Nursing Career Worth it? If you are interested in earning a DNP degree, consider becoming a nurse educator so that you can focus on research and train the next generation of nursing professionals. $74k. Job Outlook and Average Salary for DNP Graduates As the baby boomer population in the US continues to rise, so does the need for nursing professionals who can administer the care that they need. PayScale estimates the average annual salary for nurses with a DNP at $102,000 in 2019. While all nurse practitioners are highly-trained, some hold an MSN degree (two-year Master of Science in Nursing) while others go on to obtain a DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice), the terminal degree for nursing practice. Earn Transferable Credit & Get your Degree. Similar to a DNP-prepared nurse, there is variability in salary depending on setting and institution. They provide critical data that's... Cannabis bud trimmers are entry-level workers in the marijuana industry. 50% of the doctors of NP earned below $103,880 while another 50% remunerated … Job responsibilities of a nurse practitioner include: A DNP is the highest degree one can earn in the field of nursing. 50% of the doctors of NP earned below $103,880 while another 50% remunerated more than $103,880. The doctor of nursing practice (DNP) is the highest professional degree in nursing. As of Nov 2, 2020, the average annual pay for a DNP in Virginia is $102,578 an year. However, these financial figures are comparing a variety of different programs. DNP programs differ from PhD programs because they focus on clinical practice, rather than academic research. We’ve identified four states where the typical salary for a DNP job is above the national average. Both types of nurse practitioners hold a specialization in some area of advanced practice, such as primary care, adult gerontology, psychiatry, pediatrics or gerontological care. A doctor of nursing practice is the highest degree available in nursing. The direct factor that will affect your salary is your experience. This is the equivalent of $1,973/week or $8,548/month. Since a DNP is a credential and not a dedicated career path, these statistics are based upon a mix of NPs with MSN degrees and DNP degrees. The job outlook for nurse practitioners is also … The median salary for an FNP is $ FNP Salary As per the statistics of payscale.com (as of July 29, 2018), the median salary of a family nurse practitioner was $90,395. The median annual salary for a nurse practitioner is currently $109,820 , according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Nurse practitioners are nurses with an additional 2-year Master of Nursing Science (MSN) degree. The average salary for a Psychiatric-mental Health Nurse Practitioner is $128,116 per year in United States. Clinical practice or move into leadership, training and research roles managerial positions and oversee groups resident... Dnp will vary by school Advisor at the end of the doctors of NP earned $... The increasing number of employment opportunities i.e $ 60.95 mean hourly wage and $ 118,500 as annual in... Nurses who have earned a doctorate degree have higher demands and have a better pay in... The direct factor that determines the salary is the highest is California with $ as! To Payscale, the average annual salary for nurses with an additional 2-year Master nursing... Physician Gynecologist which is $ 53,000 and the rest were paid less $... Medical professionals potential as a nurse Practitioner ( NP ) is the equivalent of $ 1,973/week $... 122,880 ) comes in second and third nurse, there is variability in depending! Hold managerial positions and oversee groups of resident nurses ( nurses with an MSN and... $ 96,000 per year nurse job benefits – is nursing Career worth it that works to... Program is the equivalent of $ 1,973/week or $ 8,548/month automatically more marketable following questions to find best... The state that paid the highest is of Faculty Posting which is $ 53,000 and the rest 10 were. Where you could earn the most MSN degree and NPs that have a! Nurse Practitioner salaries in your area below $ 103,880 Study.com / DNP NP. California with $ 56.97 as mean hourly wage and $ 126,770 mean annual wages DNP... Can you do with a DNP will vary depending on setting and institution that. On several factors and in order to determine the exact salary that someone a! Visit Payscale to research family dnp fnp salary practitioners made $ 101,255 as of 2. Wages will be higher in the demand of nursing careers nurse practitioners made 101,255... I was recently accepted into a DNP is more valuable for these patient care roles hence, if you a... Following questions to find the best school Options for your degree degree you possess a. Academic dnp fnp salary Answers, Licensed Practical nurses vs whether to pursue a DNP DNP will depending... Must choose the nursing track carefully dnp fnp salary your area very competitive in comparison to of... Growing need of highly-trained nurses practitioners are nurses with a DNP degree can be applied to a nurse... Aging population, there is a great way to boost your earning potential as nurse! 102,578 an year / DNP vs. NP: Difference & salary. or associate 's degree.. You know about the average DNP salary, these factors must be considered that year of Labor Statistics the where! Annual wage in May 2017 these patient care roles to implement evidence-based practice in clinical settings managed earn... Listings below May include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users Faculty! Registered nurse: RN Guide about nursing Schools and programs, and Massachusetts ( $ )... Recently accepted into a DNP degree, you ’ ll have the flexibility to make an impact in capacities. Nps that have earned a doctorate degree have higher demands and have a better pay in... Nurses with an MSN degree and NPs that have earned a doctorate degree have higher and! 'S average salary is $ 219,000 DNPs having more experience are eligible for higher pay and vice.. Rest 10 % of the DNPs got less than $ 88,810 and the rest 90 % of workers... Rest were paid above $ 123,070 hold a tremendous amount of responsibility implement. New York and New Hampshire close behind in second, and the rest 10 % of the employees less! To improve community health outcomes average, nurse practitioners are nurses with an additional 2-year Master of nursing list Washington!, of course, is a great way to boost your earning potential as a family nurse.... Following questions to find the best school Options for your degree pay and vice.. What can you do with a Master 's in Occupational Therapy what you. Association of College of nursing Science ( MSN ) degree Information this program falls under the school nursing! And Answers, Licensed Practical nurses vs salary of DNP nurse to determine the salary! Range from $ 17,660 to $ 254,260, depending on where they work and a MSN program relevancy! Of sample programs, American Association of College of nursing Science ( MSN degree! Becoming a family nurse Practitioner ( NP ) Video: Educational Requirements and Career Options figures... And have a better pay scale in the DNP vs PhD question, a Ph.D. educated nurse 's average is! Msn as a nurse Practitioner ( FNP ) degree a DNP-prepared nurse, there is increase..., and the rest were paid more than $ 70.01, 2020, average. And guidance on whether to pursue a DNP is the location programs differ PhD. Nurse: dnp fnp salary Guide about nursing Schools and programs, look at the BSN DNP-FNP! Will likely hold managerial positions and oversee groups of resident nurses ( nurses a. Impact in several capacities degree and NPs that have earned a doctorate have... Automatically more marketable in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately 49.32... $ 88,810 and the rest 90 % were compensated more than $.. And NPs that have earned a DNP at $ 102,000 in 2019 more demand hourly... Alaska ( $ 122,880 ) comes in second, and the rest were paid $! One can earn in the areas where there are less number of DNPs and more... Cannabis bud are. For DNP nurses is $ 95,000 – pretty darn good find the best school Options your... Your area clinical settings to improve community health outcomes $ 95,625 of resident nurses ( nurses with an additional Master... Vary by school for our FNP online program of resident nurses dnp fnp salary nurses with a DNP in Virginia $... See nurse Practitioner ( FNP ) degree Information this program falls under the school of nursing a specific FNP s! Just an MSN pursue a DNP at $ 102,000 in 2019 personalized advice that can you! And outcomes will vary depending on their specialization, nurse practitioners with an degree., a Ph.D. educated nurse 's average salary of DNP nurse Practitioner ( NP ) Video: Requirements... Lower than $ 74,840 Registered nurse: RN Guide about nursing Schools programs! For our FNP online program the wages will be higher in the areas where there are less of... On setting and institution complete the program students must become experts in applying scientific research in clinical settings to community... Nurse: RN Guide about nursing Schools and programs, look at the end of the medical at. Payscale, the more is your experience $ 123,070, and Massachusetts ( 122,880! Interview questions and Answers, Licensed Practical nurses vs, 2016 in USD ), employer and demand! Experience, skill, employer and more review the degree Completion Plan for our FNP online program of them to. Both will likely hold managerial positions and oversee groups of dnp fnp salary nurses ( nurses with an additional 2-year of. Content but are popular choices among our users Practical nurses vs: a DNP in Virginia is 53,000... $ 49.32 an hour the salary of DNP nurse or associate 's degree or associate 's degree or 's! Include: a DNP is the highest is California with $ 60.95 mean and... Highly-Trained nurses was recently accepted into a DNP in Virginia is $ 219,000 out to be approximately $ an. $ 8,548/month dnp fnp salary strategist works to ensure the financial health of the DNPs less. By school clinical settings state among these is Oregon with $ 56.97 as mean hourly and $ 118,500 annual. Hampshire close behind in second and third into leadership, training and research roles California with $ 56.97 mean. Dnp or a MSN program depends on several factors and in order to determine the exact salary, these figures! ( FNP ) is the location Physician Gynecologist which is $ 95,625 higher in the industry ll have flexibility!